Saturday, December 28, 2013

My Cat Died Today

It is with a lump in my throat that I write this post today.

You see, my dear cat, Jess died this morning. She had been ill for a little while and had difficulty breathing. The vet told us that she either had bronchitis or cancer.

I believe that cancer is quite common in cats and it seems it has claimed yet another victim because the steroid injection and antibiotics did not have any effect whatsoever on her condition.

In fact, after she came back from the vet's following treatment, she seemed to go into a steep decline. We took her to be put to sleep this morning. She was really struggling to breath and could not even get out of her bed to go to the bathroom. It was the kindest, and yet most difficult thing to do.

She was the first pet that me and my wife got together and she had seen our family grow from just husband and wife, to a household of six (just counting the humans!). The kids are a bit too young to fully understand, except for my eldest who was extremely upset by the whole thing.

Jess was a beautiful cat, as you can see from the photo above. She brought us a lot of happiness throughout her life and that is how I want to remember her. One of the funniest things she used to do was steal the dog's bed. Mildly amusing until you realise that the dog was in fact a great dane! The size difference and the fact that this tiny little cat was able to boss around our gigantic dog was an endless source of amusement. Jess will be greatly missed. RIP, Jess (2002-2013).

No comments:

Post a Comment